Escape From Prison Planet
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Visit EscapeFromPrisonPlanet.com
Forum Stats
393 Posts in 222 Topics by 39 Members
Latest Member: Tadegoon
Home Help Search Login Register
Escape From Prison Planet  |  The Main Boards  |  Welcome to Escape From Prison Planet  |  I have come to kick ass..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have come to kick ass..  (Read 5894 times)
Dredd
Administrator

View Profile Google+
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:22 AM »

..and chew bubble gum.

8)

I knew there was a reason i caught up with that vid again.

Btw, Dredd was available.. so yeah. Kinda matches my email.. and we can arm wrestle for it later over reebs.

Speaking of wrestling..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roddy_Piper

..wow!  Now that's a beer belly.  :o

Anyway, good to see the forum.. just ze color scheme is lacking of teh blackness.

I calls the impromptu meeting to demand Moar Blackness!!!  *thumps fist on desk*
"Put the glasses on! Put 'em on!"
Sir Gilligan Horry

The Great Wizzard Sir Gilligan Horry

View Profile Aliens UFOs Proof Evidence Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:00:16 AM »

LOL

You are too Perfect !!!

8)  :D   :-*   :)   ;) 

My Project Mothership Homepage...

ALIENS UFOS PROOF EVIDENCE VIDEOS

ENJOY !!! :)
MediaGiant
Administrator

View Profile Escape From Prison Planet
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »

G'day there Dredd, welcome aboard!

Yeah I still have moments of activity and then longer moments of silence, glad you found our little forum here in the conspiracy phantom zone.

I was going into teaching, and still will one day, but for now I'm going to get my new web dev company (www.gippslandwebdesign.com) up and running. It'll take a lot of spamming the area with leaflets but I could use the exercise anyway, or my gut will get bigger than Mr Piper's.

Have a VB on me and all the best on the flat hunting.  8)

Why should we believe in a conspiratorial view of history? Because the conspirators usually win. Latest Link
Dredd
Administrator

View Profile Google+
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:22 AM »

Hey there Media Guy. Good to be here.

Been a while since we talked. Even despite this there's always some striking sync going on with what we do, or at least, where we're at or possibly going. One example is how, after giving up flash and then trying my hand at Canvas and even CSS3.. it looks like WebGL is the next 'big thing', and you were doing OpenGL back when we last met.

I heard you've also looked at Unity3D. That's another one on my 'todo' list because of the link with Javascript. In most respects the script all looks the same when you've tried a fair bunch, but the final important aspect (as with WebGL) is the level of support by browsers and the community.

This is why so many years can pass while these things play out, and i'd say that a good proportion of our down-time (codewise) is getting ready, like a surfer does, for the next biggest incoming wave. That's the frontier side of things at least, and always been partial to the frontier, be it android, tablets, or the approaching eyewear revolution with augmented reality.. which again brings us back to a certain cult movie you introduced me to.  8)

MediaGiant
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »

Just great to catch up with you again. Yes I do believe Unity3D is the next big wave, namely because it has everything a game/graphics developer needs including the web application (my favorite is the Substance Demo here at http://unity3d.com/gallery/demos/live-demos) because I believe the future is procedurally/mathematically generated textures, worlds and even the music. The user base for Unity3D is extensive too and you can check out the developers work with Oculus Rift on YouTube which is something I'm definitely going to be buying next.

Thanks for all the input to the forum, it'll certainly give visitors something to think about. 
Why should we believe in a conspiratorial view of history? Because the conspirators usually win. Latest Link
514D3
Administrator

View Profile 514d3.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »

+1 on the site having more black, perhaps on the outer edge of the page?

Haven't heard of WebGL, I'll have to look it up; although HTML5 looks like it'll be interesting for web development in the future!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
Dredd
Administrator

View Profile Google+
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »

Cool. The more coders/designers the merrier.
Is it time to say i have a killer web idea?! lol

Yeah that Oculus VR looks rad. I see they've just completed the rollout of pre-orders.
Thou i was kinda thinking something more Google-glass like, but sunglasses naturally.

I know the whole VR/gaming is overdue and it's a powerful interface, yet i also think the ubiquity and mobileness of AR glasses would present so many opportunities for 'upgrading people's thinking' via web-based mechanisms overlayed our real vision. Instructional stuff that doesn't quite fit into the immersive world as much.

Wha'ya all think?

514D3
Administrator

View Profile 514d3.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 02:19:56 AM »

Something like Google glass would be rather good, but I'd say more for a sort of AR system rather than a VR one; it would be cool to have a HUD for real life (but without all the backdoors Google will obviously install in their tech!). Although I've heard that there are many more problems to overcome to achieve AR than VR.

I'd assume they'll come out with a more slimmed down version for future releases, but for Gen 1 virtual reality it seems really amazing, especially with the consumer version having a higher resolution.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
MediaGiant
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 02:26:43 AM »

Welcome 514D3, we hope you enjoy the forum.

No doubt, augmented reality is certainly going to rule the future. So much so that I brought the domain hudglasses.com.au to start developing in that direction.

And yes guys, the forum will get a new look and it may even be black  :-\   
514D3
Administrator

View Profile 514d3.com
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:32 AM »

I think I will ;)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea